My new Krzr K1 cell phone has arrived. I bought it on ebay for a lot less than I would have paid if I’d gone through tigerdirect. I didn’t want to extend my contract with my cell phone service provider either although that would have gotten me a deal. Other reasons for going ebay: the phone was unlocked, I got the K1 instead of the K1m: the K1 has a 2 megapixel cameral whereas the K1m is only 1.3. The K1 is much harder to find in North America.
Things I like so far:
- the phone feels really good in my hand. No sharp edges anywhere.
- It’s slick looking. Really slick.
- This goes for any phone with a camera: it’s convenient. I’ve never had a camera phone so I’m enjoying the feature a lot
- the micro sd expansion slot. I just slipped in a 1 gig card and can’t wait to fill it up and transfer the photos to my computer. I love not being tied to the network to get to my pictures.
- it’s shiny black. not blue.
- the ringer is loud enough that I can hear it. And it has a classic ring. It so great that Motorola spares us the jingles that ring so many phones. This was a problem with my Samsung x426. I could never hear that thing ring$ and as much as I like the Super Mario theme, it’s just not very professional sounding.
- Speaker phone. Another feature the Samsung didn’t have.
I did have to change the language settings to English from the language it was in when I got it. I panicked briefly. The box says Malaysia and I don’t know what language it was, but definitely not English or French, the only ones I’d have a chance with. Glad to say I found the setting and I’m all set now.
I’m finding good tutorials on this site. Even though it’s for the K1m everything so far seems to work the same.
And I say “krazer”, rhymes with “razor”. Some may be trying to push “cruiser” but it’s too late. Motorola started it with the Razr phone so now it’s too late. Krazer. Next I want to see the Brsrkr phone.